In the past, hiring restaurant cleaning services was once deemed only for the elite but in many restaurants it is now the norm. They work with the management of the restaurant to design a customized cleaning schedule. When working for restaurant cleaning services you will help to keep it clean for the staff, customers, and work in any area assigned to you to clean. This goes from the back to the front of the restaurants. This job has its limitations and advantages, for the restaurant that hires a cleaning service, which can include:
• Limitations-the availability of the services, the extra cost, and potential complacency of the staff
• Advantages-the service will typically work off hours, will clean as much, as little, as often as the restaurant needs, and will help to take some of the burden of cleaning off their staff.
What the restaurant needs to consider
• Their budget-this is the first thing to consider and by looking at the restaurant’s profit and loss reports can give you some insight on the financial aspect of the restaurant. If the budget does not allow for daily restaurant cleaning services, you can still hire them for the less frequent and heavier cleaning.
• Frequency and level of service-after your budget you need to consider the level and frequency of restaurant cleaning services your restaurant will need. It could be daily light cleaning like cleaning windows and doors inside and out or maybe deep cleaning once a month such as stripping and waxing of the floors or shampooing your carpet.
• The areas you want cleaned-when talking to restaurant cleaning services they want to know just what areas you need cleaned, such as the bathrooms cleaned, the dining room, etc. Rengøring
Before you hire restaurant cleaning services, you should interview more than one company. You want to make sure that the company you hire will make a c\good impression on your customers and employees with their poor job is done your customers will notice and it could affect the amount of business that your restaurant will receive. Poor cleaning that is noticeable can affect your profit so make sure that you check their references and give performance evaluations of their services periodically.
Some questions that you should ask during the interview should include:
• How long has the company been providing services?
• Do they have any clients you can contact for testimonies?
• Who will be doing the cleaning? Will it be the same person(s) each time or does the staff rotate restaurants that they clean?
• What type of experience does their staff have in cleaning restaurants and what areas does your staff have specialized experience in?
• Does the company have liability insurance?