For men looking to spice things up in their love life, visiting an adult toy store or website may be the way to go. But for the newbie, the overwhelming selection makes it hard to know what goes where and who uses what and how. Enter the sex toy handbook… check out this handy guide to some of the most popular gadgets for tantalizing both men and women, as well as how to maintain penis health for what is sure to be a wild ride experimenting with all the new toys!
Toys for Her
While it’s not to say men can’t derive pleasure from some of these toys – or don’t enjoy being in on the action with their partner – the following toys are designed with a woman’s body in mind.
1. Vibrators: Made famous by the TV show “Sex and the City,” vibrators are probably the most common toy sought out by women. They come in every color, shape and size imaginable – from a tiny one that slips over a finger to very large and in charge – there is sure to be something that intrigues her lady bits. Beginners may prefer an egg or bullet vibrator, which is simply a round shape with no bells and whistles, while an adventurous lover may prefer a rabbit vibrator that boasts simultaneous clitoral and g-spot stimulation. Pocket pussy
2. Dildos: Dildo’s are – in the simplest terms – non-vibrating penis-shaped sex toys. They also come in many styles and colors – and unrealistic sizes – but they tend to look very similar to the real thing. Some stores even sell kits where a man can make a mold of his own business to create a dildo in his own image – talk about a personal gift for the wife or girlfriend! Male sex toy
Toys for Him
Some of the more popular purchases made by men are listed below, though this is certainly not a comprehensive list of all the penis gadgets to be had!
1. Cock rings: A cock ring is a stretchy ring that fits snuggly around the base of the penis. It is designed to minimize blood flow out of the penis, therefore allowing for maximum engorgement of the manhood. For most men, it also delays climax, allowing them to last longer. Some cock rings are even outfitted with nubs or vibrators to enhance stimulation for her.
2. Masturbators: Male masturbators come in a variety of designs but are essentially soft, gel filled sleeves that go over the penis. The man – or his partner – then masturbate with the sleeve, which creates more intense sensations than the hand alone – and in some cases are meant to simulate oral sex.
Toys for Couples
Some toys are designed for couples to use together – at their own risk of course!
1. Sex Swing: Perhaps one of the more dangerous toys out there, this definitely takes skill to master, but is certain to spice up any sex life. Sex swings hang from the door jamb and essentially suspend the woman up off the ground in various positions, allowing for exciting and acrobatic sex to enter the repertoire.